- An understanding of the role of veterinary epidemiology and economics in the design and delivery of effective livestock services.
- Knowledge of risk analysis approaches in food safety and how human health can be protected through control of zoonotic diseases.
- Skills in basic and advanced statistical methods in order to undertake epidemiological investigations and disease modelling.
Providing distance learning courses as part of the University of London International Programmes is a challenging but very rewarding role. We have students from all over the world and our team works very hard to ensure that we offer them programmes that are of an academically high standard and relevant to the contemporary needs of livestock farming and veterinary medicine. It's a wonderfully rewarding experience to see our students successfully completing their courses and graduating.
Each module is examined by a three-hour unseen written examination, which may contain essays and shorter questions. You must also submit up to two compulsory written assignments per module. The one with the highest mark counts as part of the formal assessment. The two elements are weighted: unseen written examination (80%), compulsory written assignment (20%).
Our graduates find that the international recognition and prestige of their degree opens doors and creates opportunities in their careers. Graduates of the programme are employed in a variety of organisations including the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), university veterinary faculties and international organisations including the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and World Health Organization (WHO).
Duration of the course is 2 - 5 years; The ?study year? is effectively between February and September, with examinations in early/mid-October..
Tuitions and fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|2 Years - distance-learning||Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip||£8805||Home Fees|
|2 Years - distance-learning||Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip||£8805||Overseas Fees|
|2 Years - distance-learning||Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip||£8805||European Fees|
- Domestic entry requirements: You need a degree or a technical or professional qualification and work experience considered appropriate and relevant by the University.
- International entry requirements: You need a degree or a technical or professional qualification and work experience considered appropriate and relevant by the University. IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-test; TOEFL iBT (internet-based Test) with an overall score of 92 or above, with at least 22 in both Reading and Writing Skills sub-tests and at least 20 in both Speaking and Listening sub-tests.
- TOEFL score: 92