Events play an essential role in the business, cultural and sporting life of all countries. In recent years an exciting new profession has emerged with event planners designing and organising a diverse range of events, and marketing the great variety of destinations and venues in which they take place.
This course is specifically designed for people who want to enter or make further progress in, management-level careers in the fast-expanding field of event management. London is an ideal place in which to study events with many venues on the doorstep. With several hundred venues and an abundance of international business and leisure events, London is a world leader in this dynamic industry.
This course explores the strategic development, design and logistical organisation of many different types of event. You will also learn how events and conferences contribute to enriching the lives of communities and improve communications in business, politics and professional life. The dissertation will give you further opportunity to research a conference or events topic in depth. The course is taught by experienced academics and industry practitioners, providing valuable insight into this exciting industry sector.
Graduates from this course enter a wide range of careers, in both the private and the public sectors, in Britain and internationally. These careers range from conference and events planning, to venue management, to destination marketing. Some choose to work with specialist organisations, such as convention bureaux, while others opt to work as professional conference organisers, event managers and venue promoters. Some students go on to pursue doctoral studies.
CAREERS AND EMPLOYABILITY SERVICE
Our Careers and Employability Service is here to support you to achieve your full potential.
With a growing network of over 3,000 employers around the world and a team of experienced careers consultants, we provide you with a variety of opportunities to work and develop new skills. As a University of Westminster student, you?ll have access to our services throughout your studies and after you graduate.
We can help you:
* find work placements, graduate jobs or voluntary experience related to your course
* discover international opportunities to enhance your employability
* write effective CVs and application forms
* develop your interview and enterprise skills
* plan your career with our career consultants
* gain insights into your chosen industry through mentoring
* meet employers and explore your career options at our employer fairs, careers presentations and networking events.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|MA - Master of Arts||£8,500||Home Fees|
|MA - Master of Arts||£8,500||European Fees|
|MA - Master of Arts||£13,000||Overseas Fees|
- Domestic entry requirements: A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1) or a lower second class honours degree (2:2) and an essay. Exceptionally, an applicant without these formal qualifications but with considerable work experience in the conference or events industry may be accepted at the discretion of the Course Leader. Applicants with a lower second class honours degree (2:2), are required to submit an essay.
- International entry requirements: A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1) or a lower second class honours degree (2:2) and an essay. Exceptionally, an applicant without these formal qualifications but with considerable work experience in the conference or events industry may be accepted at the discretion of the Course Leader. Applicants with a lower second class honours degree (2:2), are required to submit an essay. If your first language is not English you should have an IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in writing.