This programme allows professionals working at senior level to utilise their experience and knowledge gained at work towards academic awards at the highest level.
Why study DProf Centre for Decision Analysis and Risk Management at Middlesex University?
This programme is for those senior professionals working in health or environment who are self-directed, learn independently and who want to gain an award that enhances effective performance.
The programme is also designed to:
* Help you to develop rigorous research and project management skills
* Allow you to develop a deep understanding of change management and leadership.
* Allow you to demonstrate a significant contribution to professional or organisational learning and development.
This course is part-time, and can take anywhere from 24-60 months. The actual length of the programme depends on the amount of learning you've already achieved (certificated or experiential) that can be accredited against the award.
DProf or a PhD?
DProf awards are equivalent to traditional PhD awards but are different in method. The DProf programme focuses on advanced learning that allows you to attain excellence in professional practice or achieve significant organisational impact.
The DProf is project-based and you must be able to demonstrate how your work will enhance existing knowledge or relevant professional group.
How is the DProf Centre for Decision Analysis and Risk Management taught?
You'll be assigned an academic advisor at the start of the course who will be available to you throughout your study.
As your work develops, you'll also work with one or two subject specialists whose expertise you can benefit from. You'll also have handbooks and online materials to help you throughout your studies.
You'll also be invited to seminars, workshops and lectures at our Hendon campus. Although you'll all be studying independently, we encourage our DProf students to meet with and support each other.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Domestic entry requirements: Students normally require a Master's degree or above, or an overseas equivalent qualification.
- International entry requirements: Students normally require a Master's degree or above, or an overseas equivalent qualification.