On BA (Hons) Sound Arts you will explore a wide range of sound art and design areas including: fine art, installation and gallery practices, sound design for film, animation, game environments and virtual reality, creative coding, interactive media, and experimental musical work. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
**Why choose this course at London College of Communication**
• Cutting edge discipline: We are focused on the development of your creativity and provide dynamic opportunities for you to learn the critical thinking and creative techniques necessary to build a professional portfolio.
• Leader in its field: The course team of tutors is comprised of internationally recognised artists, designers, composers and writers. You will benefit from the close relationship to our MA Sound Arts course and the Creative Research into Sound Arts Practice (CRiSAP) - a UAL research centre dedicated to the exploration of the rich complexities of sound as an artistic practice.
• Technical excellence: We offer excellent facilities for your creative work including a multi-channel Sound Laboratory, Dolby Atmos Composition Studio and 5.1/stereo Postproduction Studio along with a high spec Mac Lab and analogue synth studio. All areas of the department are supported by a dedicated team of technical experts.
• Professional networks: Employability, enterprise and career orientation are central to the course. Our weekly visiting practitioner series of lectures and creative workshops will connect you to a diverse range of contemporary practices. There are also course-related shows and events open to industry and the public enabling you to build your professional profile. Our graduated students have gone on to work with brands such as Tate Britain, Versace, Warp Records, Selfridges, Venice Biennale, Channel 5, BBC and Red Bull Music Academy.
• Connected collaboration: As part of a global community of like-minded creative artists studying together within one of the leading Arts, Design and Communications universities in the world, you can collaborate across disciplines within the Screen School in areas such as film, television, animation, games design and virtual reality. Such opportunities are built into the structure of your course.
**What can you expect?**
You can expect this course to take you on an exploration of sound art and design as a constantly emerging culture to be found in many forms and international contexts, in which your own analysis and evaluation will be central. Your increasing technical, creative and theoretical knowledge will support you in the development of a professional portfolio. You will produce this work within a context of the history, practices and concerns of the sonic arts and of the major theoretical, philosophical and aesthetic issues in the media arts.
**About London College of Communication**
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|