Study History and Modern Languages in the heart of London. Within History, choose modules from European medieval history to modern British politics. We encourage you to take a comparative approach to your studies, looking at the connections and contrasts between different eras of history from around the globe.
Our language modules support all levels of language competence and conform to the internationally recognised Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). You will attain a high level of proficiency in speaking, writing and reading the language of your degree, whilst developing your knowledge and critical understanding of its culture and society. Our cultural curriculum is innovative and diverse, covering a range of modules in literature, culture, film studies and history, from the medieval period to the contemporary.
Students can take this course either with an A-level (or equivalent) in the degree language, or as a beginner, following a specially- designed ab initio language course.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
- IELTS (Academic) -- 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill
- PTE Academic -- 69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill
- TOEFL (iBT) -- 100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills
- Cambridge English Advanced -- 185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill
- Cambridge English Proficiency -- 185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill
- Trinity ISE -- Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill
- Institution's Own Test -- Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7