From fake news to data breaches, digital technology is shaping and reshaping our lives faster than at any other time in human history. The BA Digital Anthropology programme brings you the modern skillset needed to tackle contemporary issues in digital social worlds.
**Why study BA Digital Anthropology at Goldsmiths?**
- The first of its kind in the UK, this programme will help you develop truly cutting-edge knowledge that you won’t find anywhere else.
- You'll gain concerete technical skills such as web programming and data visualisation, which will open up exciting future career paths and opportunities. You'll also look at anthropology from a fresh perspective. You’ll be part of an academic community that’s driving the discipline forwards, pioneering new fields of interdisciplinary research to understand the issues that matter now.
- By bringing together these two areas - anthropology and digital expertise - you'll learn to investigate the growing role of technology in global challenges, such as health, the environment, economic and political relations, and social justice. You’ll learn to research the digital social world, about how technology is changing the way we live, and even our fundamental understanding of ourselves.
- You’ll be encouraged to take on industry and placement opportunities in the UK or Europe, giving you the chance to expand your experience and get a head start on your future career.
Throughout your studies you’ll develop knowledge of traditional anthropological tools such as ethnography, cultural analysis and interpretation, material culture approaches and comparative political analysis, alongside practical digital skills. This will enable you to develop innovative ways of understanding the social dimensions of digital worlds.
You’ll have the opportunity to tailor your studies to your own areas of interest through coursework, optional modules and an independent research project in your final year where you’ll dig deeper into a key issue that matters to you.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||Other Fees|
- IELTS (Academic)6.0With a 6.0 in writing and no element lower than 5.5