**Why study this course?**
This BSc degree will equip you with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills desired by employers in the fields of business, digital strategy and project management. You’ll engage with business issues in a stimulating environment and acquire vital academic skills.
**More about this course**
This course focuses on developing your intellectual competency in business, while providing you with the necessary practical knowledge for a successful career in project management and related fields.
During the course you’ll learn to critically analyse business environments, including the economic, environmental, political and sociological factors. You’ll also consider these factors alongside their effects at local, national and global levels on the strategy, behaviour and management of organisations. These skills are highly valued in the contemporary business settings and you’ll not only develop your knowledge of how the business world operates in the digital area, but also gain practical skills in people and project management.
After the course you’ll be able to demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of the various processes, procedures and practices for effective management of organisations, including theoretical models, frameworks and other processes of decision making in large projects. The University’s business incubator, Accelerator, will prove an invaluable resource for flexing your entrepreneurial muscles. You'll have the option to visit the Accelerator facilities and to participate in sessions and competitions.
The completion of the full degree will guarantee accreditation to the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Diploma.
Example modules in Year 1 include:
- Personal and Academic Development
- Organisational Business and Information Systems
- Fundamentals of Management and the Business Environment
- Digital Business and Emerging Technologies
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Business Decision Making
- Professional Practice 1
Example modules in Year 2 include:
- Stakeholder and Communications Management
- Decision Making: Business Analytics and Data
- Leadership and Leading in the Digital Era
- Creating a Winning Business 1
- Learning Through Work 1
- Operations and Change Management
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data for Business
- Risk Management
Example modules in Year 3 include:
- Governance and Financial Control of Projects
- Business Strategy
- Estimating, Planning and Scheduling
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Business Analysis
- Commercial and Contract Management
- Project Management Dissertation
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|
Part Time Day
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£2,310||Home Fees|
Part Time Day
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£2,310||European Fees|