This MSc explores revolutionary developments in the field of robotics, one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Its central component, the extended research project, offers you the opportunity to publish your research and build a career profile through theoretical and practical work at the Centre for Advanced Robotics.
* Work in the multi-disciplinary Centre for Advanced Robotics @ Queen Mary (ARQ) - one of the best robotics and intelligent systems research facilities in the UK
* Commercially exploit your research, with support from Queen Mary Innovation (QMI) and our industrial partners
* Publish your research project findings in international journals and develop a research portfolio
* Meet and work with leading researchers and industry professionals in the field of robotics and artificial intelligence
* A joint programme between our School of Engineering and Materials Science (SEMS) and our School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
What you'll study
This MSc is closely aligned with ARQ, which specialises in control and power, human-machine interaction, perception, design and mechatronics, drones, and AI and cognition.
After graduating you?ll be able to develop, analyse, programme, integrate and deploy complex engineering systems such as industrial manipulators, autonomous mobile robots and vehicles, biomedical systems for surgery and assistance, robots for extreme environments, wearables and virtual reality technology.
You?ll leave this MSc as a very well-qualified graduate, with opportunities for employment both in many leading industries as well as in research.
Our Industrial Liaison Forum gives you a chance to network with our industrial partners and build your professional contacts.
Graduates from SEMS postgraduate programmes have gone onto a diverse range of job roles including:
* Engineering Professionals ? Civil, Design, Electrical, Mechanical
* Medical Scientist
* Management Consultant
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Domestic entry requirements: Students need to have a good 2:2 or above at undergraduate level in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- International entry requirements: Students need to have a good 2:2 or above at undergraduate level in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline. Students need to have an IELTS 6.5 overall including 6.0 in Writing, and 5.5 in Reading, Listening and Speaking. TOEFL: 92 overall including 21 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening and 20 in Speaking.
- IELTS score: 6.5
- TOEFL score: 92