**Reasons to choose Kingston**
- This course offers you the option to study abroad at one of our partner universities.
- In preparation for your future career, throughout the course, you’ll develop core skills valued by employers.
- This course gives you flexibility so, after the first year, you’ll be able to switch to pure Economics or Financial Economics, or remain on this Business Economics programme.
**About this course**
This course has a very distinct, pluralist approach, examining a wide variety of economic thoughts and theories. You’ll study a range of approaches to understand the aims, methods and outcomes of production and businesses. Your studies will take into account the limitations as well as the possibilities of markets.
You’ll be able to specialise in understanding how businesses operate. This includes the nature of competition, the role of the firm in contemporary capitalism, strategic decision making in various market structures and the economic analysis of organisational structures.
This degree will develop your analytical, numerical, and problem solving skills. These are highly valued by employers in both the public and private sectors.
This course has a sandwich year which takes place between Year 2 and your Final Year. During this sandwich year you will take a placement within a relevant setting, ensuring you gain essential experience to add to your CV and help you secure a graduate job.
Examples of modules:
- Becoming an Economist
- Economic Policy and Principles
- Economics Quantitatively Treated 1
- Competition and the Firm
- Economics Quantitatively Treated 2
Final Year (Core)
- Economics of Organisations and Strategy
- Working as an Economist
Final Year (Optional)
- Advanced Economic Policy and Principles
- Development Economics
- International Trade and Finance
- Mathematical Economics
- Money, Banking and Financial Economics
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|