**Interested in creating your own entrepreneurial venture? Gain all the skills you need to run your own business with this programme which combines practical training in business with academic know-how.**
Beginning with the principles of Business Management, you’ll consider how finance, socio-economic factors, politics, geography, language and culture all influence business. Like our other undergraduate programmes at Richmond, this BA is based on the American liberal arts tradition, which helps broaden perspective and develops practical skills which are highly appealing to future employers in a global economy.
You’ll also have the benefit of studying one programme and gaining two degrees, one from the US and one from the UK. Complementary membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is also offered to all of our students.
Study entrepreneurship in action through electives such as Game Theory and Decision Making and Marketing Planning and Strategy which can help you kick-start a business. You’ve also got the option of tailoring your study of entrepreneurship by taking minors from other leading academic disciplines.
Taught by lecturers who are experts in their field, this programme also features entrepreneurs as guest speakers, while visits to organisations and museums extend your perspective and creativity.
An internship which counts towards your degree is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your entrepreneurship skills and improve your career options.
**Top 5 reasons to study this programme:**
- Equips you with the ability to understand all the aspects of business management from a start-up phase to running and expanding a business locally or worldwide
- Opportunity to tailor your study of Entrepreneurship by taking minors from other leading academic disciplines
- Acquire substantial business acumen, alongside developing your leadership potential and strategies to grow a business from a start-up into a globally recognised company
- Benefit from practical working experience through an internship in a leading entrepreneurial business in London or anywhere else in the world
- Work on specific projects and research that will facilitate your entry to global entrepreneurial and tech industries
Apple Computers, Electronic Arts, Goldman Sachs, Heineken
Year one, core modules - Functions and Applications, Transitions I, Research & Writing I, Scientific Reasoning, Creative Expression, Foundations of Business, Transitions II.
Year two, core modules - Financial Accounting, Intro to Microeconomics, Computer Applications in Management, Calculus with Applications, Research and Writing II, Managerial Accounting, Intro to Macroeconomics, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Probability & Statistics I.
Year three, core modules - Entrepreneurial Theory & Practice, Research Methods, Legal and Ethical Concepts, Managerial Economics, Corporate Finance, Organisational Behaviour, Principles of Marketing.
Year four, core modules - Entrepreneurship & Business Development, European Business Environment, Competition and Strategy, Entrepreneurship & Family Business, Entrepreneurial Strategy, Global Marketing Management.
Elective modules available in all years.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£14,750||Overseas Fees|