The programme focuses on the demands of the modern Engineering workplace encompassing the main engineering disciplines. This will reflect contemporary practices, emphasise practical skills and student employability. High levels of support are a cornerstone of the programme, with students working on diverse realistic projects throughout their final year.
With the pace of technological development, engineering should be considered as applied problem-solving. Integrating the different technologies at the heart of modern engineering, this course aims to provide a grounding in a variety of different engineering disciplines before developing skills in accessing information, converting it into knowledge and applying and evaluating it. Successful graduates will not only gain the knowledge for a successful career in engineering, but also the highly sought after skills to be self-managing, self-developing individuals.
Located on the Coventry University campus, you will have access to our Library & Learning Services (LLS), fully equipped seminar rooms and impressive IT suites. Our laboratories are home to industry-standard equipment, so that you learn using the same equipment as many industry professionals. Plus, you can take advantage of reading rights in Coventry University’s Lanchester Library, make use of sport centre facilities and receive full membership to Coventry University Students’ Union (CUSU).
This course has been developed and is taught by practising professionals and industry experts. Our academics bring a wealth of expertise to the classroom with many continuing to undertake research and other projects alongside teaching, meaning our students gain a well-rounded and relevant teaching experience.
Throughout your studies, you will find that the course is underpinned with practical elements. This course puts a strong emphasis on pragmatic learning, meaning our graduates are already accustomed to industry standard equipment by the time they enter the workplace.
At CU Coventry, we put a strong focus on getting our graduates ready to enter the job market. This can be done in a variety of ways—one key element is work placements. With this degree, you are given the opportunity to undertake short and long-term placements in between the second and third year. Students of this course have gained internships at highly-regarded companies’ such as Vinci Engineers.
Key course benefits;
- Upon completion of this course, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University, which is ranked 13th best university in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2019. Coventry University were also awarded a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2017.
- You will receive support with applying for short and long-term placements, to gain the experience employers desire, with our in-house Careers & Employability department.
- You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in Coventry, London and Scarborough.
- In order to make higher education accessible to as many people as possible, we keep our tuition fees competitively priced.
- Small tutorial group sessions ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
- We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
- We teach Autodesk Revit, which is a very popular architectural, structural and building information management software.
- Hands-on experience devising, creating and implementing your ideas. Previous projects from CU Coventry students have included design of low cost digital keypad lock with LCD display as part of a home security system, investigation and design of a GPS Guided autonomous robot and reverse engineering, investigation and analysis of a headphone band.
Your main study themes are:
**Independent and autonomous working:** You will gain the ability to critically appraise an engineering scenario, with a view to apply modern technologies to improve efficiency or effectiveness.
**Industry Adaptation:** Factors that influence engineering, policies and processes which includes the competitive marketplace, supply chain, technology development, legislation and environmental factors.
**Project Management:** You will be effective and efficient in project management, time management and organisation. You will be introduced to a number of applications and processes to facilitate the successful development of management skills.
**Research Methods:** Critical analysis, reflection, information searching and experimental design in engineering, data collection, analysis and design.
For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Engineering - BEng||Other Fees|