The programme focuses on the demands of the modern Engineering workplace encompassing the main engineering disciplines. This will reflect contemporary practices, emphasise practical skills and student employability. High levels of support are a cornerstone of the programme, with students working on diverse realistic projects throughout their final year.
With the pace of technological development, engineering should be considered as applied problem-solving. Integrating the different technologies at the heart of modern engineering, this course aims to provide a grounding in a variety of different engineering disciplines before developing skills in accessing information, converting it into knowledge and applying and evaluating it. Successful graduates will not only gain the knowledge for a successful career in engineering, but also the highly sought after skills to be self-managing, self-developing individuals.
Key course benefits;
- Upon completion of this course, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University.
- You will receive support with applying for short and long-term placements, to gain the experience employers desire, with our in-house Careers & Employability department.
- You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in Coventry, London and Scarborough.
- In order to make higher education accessible to as many people as possible, we keep our tuition fees competitively priced.
- Small tutorial group sessions ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
- We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
- We teach Autodesk Revit, which is a very popular architectural, structural and building information management software.
- Hands-on experience devising, creating and implementing your ideas. Previous projects from CU Group students have included design of low cost digital keypad lock with LCD display as part of a home security system, investigation and design of a GPS Guided autonomous robot and reverse engineering, investigation and analysis of a headphone band.
Your main study themes are:
**Independent and autonomous working:** You will gain the ability to critically appraise an engineering scenario, with a view to apply modern technologies to improve efficiency or effectiveness.
**Industry Adaptation:** Factors that influence engineering, policies and processes which includes the competitive marketplace, supply chain, technology development, legislation and environmental factors.
**Project Management:** You will be effective and efficient in project management, time management and organisation. You will be introduced to a number of applications and processes to facilitate the successful development of management skills.
**Research Methods:** Critical analysis, reflection, information searching and experimental design in engineering, data collection, analysis and design.
For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Higher National Certificate - HNC||£7,700||Home Fees|
|Higher National Certificate - HNC||£7,700||European Fees|