**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– This course received more than 91 per cent overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2018).
– It has been awarded the Creative Skillset Tick (Fashion Design category), which recognises outstanding courses and their contribution to the creative industries.
– It is the top fashion course in The Guardian’s fashion and textiles league table 2018 and third in the UK in the Business of Fashion’s Global Fashion School Ranking 2017. It is the only BA course from the UK invited to exhibit at the knitwear show Pitti Filati in Florence.
**About this course**
On this course, you’ll develop your fashion signature, experimenting across sketch work, 2D to 3D, knitwear and digital print. You’ll study all aspects of the design process, including photography, styling, cut and construction, trend concepts and sustainable design.In Year 3, you’ll create your own collection and portfolio, which will be displayed at the Rose Theatre, Kingston and at our on-campus degree show.
There will be opportunities to participate in sponsored projects and international competitions by brands including Burberry, Mulberry and Coach, Inditex (Zara), Tommy Hilfiger, Old Navy, Urban Outfitters and ASOS. Selected students display at the Graduate Fashion Week in London. The preferred entry route to this course is via a foundation diploma in Art & Design.
Examples of modules: Please note that is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Design Process 1
- Design Product 1
- Professional Practice 1
- Design, Style and Image: Themes in Fashion History
- Design Process 2
- Design Product 2
- Professional Practice 2
- Critical Issues in Fashion: Research and Practice
- Design Process 3
- Design Product 3
- Professional Practice 3
- Dissertation: Research and Reflection
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|