BA Acting and Performance at Wimbledon College of Arts is for students who are interested in acting as an artistic practice and a key driver of contemporary culture.
BA Acting and Performance will enable you to become a creative, confident and articulate performer who can work across a variety of performance forms and contexts. The course will develop your physical, vocal and intellectual skills both individually and in an ensemble. It will also provide you with the opportunity to work with new technologies and innovative performance practices.
The course will make you ready for industry but also ready to challenge it, placing you at the cutting edge of 21st century developments.
**What to expect**
• To develop your creative and critical practice in a performance environment
• To develop the physical, vocal and intellectual skills required to act or perform in a range of different contexts
• To gain knowledge and experience of acting processes
• To act in digital, interactive and immersive performances
• To take part in collaborative and multi-modal productions, which are integrated into the wider art school context, alongside students from other disciplines
• To learn about different approaches to creating character, presence and persona
• To gain an understanding of performance in relation to text, technology, image and action
• To examine global theatre practices and post-colonial narratives
• To look at performance in a cultural, political and historical context
• To have access to Wimbledon's shared workshops.
**Wimbledon College of Arts**
Set in the heart of South West London, Wimbledon College of Arts encourages practical experimentation to learn the skills needed for a successful career in both acting and design for performance.
The College’s specialist workshops, studios and on-site professional theatre provide an environment in which students can develop and learn from expert tutors and technicians who either work in the industry or have their own practices.
Wimbledon has created an integrated performance environment. Our students collaborate in teams and work side-by-side, their skills complementing each other to provide a rich, integrated approach to making performance. We believe that performance is more than a craft: it’s a way of connecting with others, of approaching challenges, and engaging our communities in the big issues of the day.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|