BA Contemporary Theatre and Performance at Wimbledon College of Arts is for students who are interested in making performance.
BA Contemporary Theatre and Performance will give you the opportunity to develop as a collaborative theatre-maker, creative entrepreneur and innovative performance practitioner. You will work collaboratively to create contemporary theatre productions and to develop innovative forms of performance.
The course will enable you to work in an ensemble and to form a company or collective. You will plan, design, develop and deliver performance projects for a range of theatrical and non-theatrical locations and contexts, ensuring your work is engaged with contemporary culture.
**What to expect**
• To develop practical and critical skills to produce solo and group performances
• To be able to make performance across a range of creative forms and disciplines
• To investigate critical approaches to contemporary theatre and post-dramatic performance
• To study the theory and practice of performance composition
• To have the opportunity to develop your own compositional practices
• To gain an understanding of performance in relation to text, image and action
• To investigate different performance environments
• To look at performance in a cultural, political and historical context
• To examine global theatre practices, post-colonial narratives, and socially-engaged performance
• To learn about digital, participatory and relational performance practices
• To have access to Wimbledon's shared workshops.
**Wimbledon College of Arts**
Set in the heart of South West London, Wimbledon College of Arts encourages practical experimentation to learn the skills needed for a successful career in both acting and design for performance.
The College’s specialist workshops, studios and on-site professional theatre provide an environment in which students can develop and learn from expert tutors and technicians who either work in the industry or have their own practices.
Wimbledon has created an integrated performance environment. Our students collaborate in teams and work side-by-side, their skills complementing each other to provide a rich, integrated approach to making performance. We believe that performance is more than a craft: it’s a way of connecting with others, of approaching challenges, and engaging our communities in the big issues of the day.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|