This course has been designed to develop the knowledge, skills, research interests and career prospects of those who work, or wish to work, in finance, treasury management or accountancy. It?s especially useful if you?re a graduate with little or no accounting experience, as it offers the opportunity to study modules which will cover this shortfall.
If you are a graduate member of a UK accountancy body, or an overseas equivalent, you may claim up to four exemptions from this Masters by applying for Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning.
The course provides exemptions from 9 papers of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) exams. The Westminster Business School is an ACCA Gold approved learning partner and is the only UK institution to offer this many ACCA exemptions on completion of a one-year course. Graduates of the course are also eligible for 11 exemptions from CIMA ? Chartered Institute of Management Accountants via the Masters Gateway, an accelerated entry route to the CIMA Professional Qualification and the globally recognised CGMA designation.
As a postgraduate finance student you will have access to the Financial Markets Suite, which uses the Bloomberg computer system to monitor real-time financial market movements and trends. It?s a resource available to very few UK universities, and one which provides a modern and progressive teaching environment combining finance theory with practice.
As a Finance and Accounting MSc graduate, you can look forward to excellent career prospects in finance, banking, treasury management or accountancy, as well as general management and other senior finance-based positions. A number of our graduates have gone on to work for the "Big 4" accountancy firms.
Your exposure to the Financial Markets Suite simulated financial trading facility will mean you will be equipped in both the theory and practice of international finance.
Graduates of the course can apply to various professional accountancy bodies, which give exemptions on the basis of electives you have studied. The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) allow graduates to go through a "Gateway" route. Successful completion of the Gateway exam grants 11 exemptions from CIMA's 16 examinations. You also have the opportunity to gain exemption from 9 papers of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) examinations upon completing this degree.
CAREERS AND EMPLOYABILITY SERVICE
Our Careers and Employability Service is here to support you to achieve your full potential.
With a growing network of over 3,000 employers around the world and a team of experienced careers consultants, we provide you with a variety of opportunities to work and develop new skills. As a University of Westminster student, you?ll have access to our services throughout your studies and after you graduate.
We can help you:
* find work placements, graduate jobs or voluntary experience related to your course
* discover international opportunities to enhance your employability
* write effective CVs and application forms
* develop your interview and enterprise skills
* plan your career with our career consultants.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Domestic entry requirements: A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2). Relevant degree disciplines include business studies, economics, geography, management, and operations research. However, students with qualifications in other disciplines such as engineering, environmental sciences, the humanities and languages are also encouraged to apply. Alternative professional qualifications, with at least three years' relevant professional experience, will also be considered.
- International entry requirements: A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2). Relevant degree disciplines include business studies, economics, geography, management, and operations research. However, students with qualifications in other disciplines such as engineering, environmental sciences, the humanities and languages are also encouraged to apply. Alternative professional qualifications, with at least three years' relevant professional experience, will also be considered. If your first language is not English you should have an IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in writing.