This flexible programme offers a broad range of advanced study options, reflecting the emerging technologies in industry. The demand for better products and commercial services drives the search for creative solutions using computing-based systems, and has established a critical dependence between computing and practically every industry and sector.
* Enrich your studies with an 8-12-month industrial placement, working with an appropriate employer in a role that relates directly to your field of study
* Shape your programme to match your interests and career ambitions
* Ideal for students with a good first degree in electronic engineering, computer science, maths or a related discipline
* Work with the most up-to-date technologies - each topic is backed up by our world-leading research centres and groups
* Fully meet the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional on this BCS, Chartered Institute for IT, accredited course
The School has excellent bespoke facilities, including:
* Augmented human interaction (AHI) laboratory
* Informatics teaching laboratory with 350 state-of-the-art computers
* Antenna measurement laboratory
* qMedia and arts technology studios (Performance lab, control room, listening/recording room)
* Robotics laboratory (ARQspace)
Our postgraduates go on to work in a wide variety of careers, mostly within IT and information services. The broad range of skills gained through programmes in this School, coupled with multiple opportunities for extra-curricular activities and work experience, has enabled postgraduates to move into roles such as:
* Head of development
* Engineering manager
* IT consultant
* Project manager
* IT developer
* Mobile developer
* Software developer.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Domestic entry requirements: The usual entrance requirement for entry to a taught masters degree is a good second class honours degree from a UK university (except clinical medical or dental), a recognised equivalent from an accredited overseas institution or an equivalent professional qualification.
- International entry requirements: The usual entrance requirement for entry to a taught masters degree is a good second class honours degree from a UK university (except clinical medical or dental), a recognised equivalent from an accredited overseas institution or an equivalent professional qualification. Students need to have an IELTS 6.5 overall including 6.0 in Writing, and 5.5 in Reading, Listening and Speaking. 92 overall including 21 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening and 20 in Speaking.
- IELTS score: 6.5
- TOEFL score: 92