This programme is aimed at teachers who want to gain a deeper understanding of the theories behind English language teaching. If you want to teach in higher education or private schools we can also help you to gain a professional qualification (for an extra cost), such as a Certificate in English Language to Adults (CELTA) in addition to your MA.
- Gain practical teaching experience
- Study in the UK's top-ranked linguistics department (RAE 2008, RAE 2014)
- Flexible course structure: you can opt for a research or CELTA pathway
- Develop your expertise in specialist areas and enhance your career options
- Perfect for recent graduates and ELT teachers who don't have a linguistics background
- Our new Graduate Centre: purpose-built study spaces and a roof-top common room with a terrace
- Access to Queen Mary's comprehensive libraries, including the Postgraduate Reading Room
- Access to the superb collections at Senate House Library, University of London
We want your MA programme to be a career investment: not only does this programme enable you to become a specialised language teacher, it also opens the door to further study in academia and to careers in language-related fields such as quality control, assessment, syllabus development and planning or educational technology.
EXPECTED SEP-2019. EXPECTED SEP-2019.
Tuitions and fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|1 Years - full-time||MA - Master of Arts||£9950||Home Fees|
|1 Years - full-time||MA - Master of Arts||£18000||Overseas Fees|
|1 Years - full-time||MA - Master of Arts||£9950||European Fees|
|2 Years - part-time||MA - Master of Arts||£5000||Home Fees|
|2 Years - part-time||MA - Master of Arts||£9000||Overseas Fees|
|2 Years - part-time||MA - Master of Arts||£5000||European Fees|
- Domestic entry requirements: Students need to have a 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject.
- International entry requirements: Students need to have a 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject. Students need to have an IELTS 7.0 overall including 7.0 in Writing, and 5.5 in Reading, Listening and Speaking. The 2 year full-time MA English Language Teaching requires 5.5 overall with 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. TOEFL: 100 overall including 27 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening and 20 in Speaking; The 2 year full-time MA English Language Teaching requires 72 overall with 17 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening and 20 in Speaking.
- IELTS score: 7