Our Aesthetic Dentistry MSc is an innovative course that will give you the skills and knowledge to provide high quality functional dental restorations with optimal aesthetic value. The course focuses on training you to provide dental care where there is a clinical need to restore oral health and function, and also covers cosmetic and facial techniques. This course is delivered in a blended format with online and face to face components, so you can study anywhere in the world with minimum disruption to your professional and personal life while benefitting from world-class teaching.
This course is ideally suited to dentists who already have an established dental practice and want to study an evidence-based approach to aesthetic treatment. Our course director, Dr Subir Banerji, has helped many dental graduates, both nationally and internationally, to achieve their postgraduate goals, broadening their horizons and delivery of dental care.
* You will explore all aspects of smile design, from non-invasive to full coverage techniques involving a range of aesthetic materials.
* You will study all restorative aspects applicable to aesthetic dentistry with an emphasis on functional stability, predictability and longevity of the aesthetic outcome.
* The curriculum also includes comprehensive diagnosis, treatment planning, prevention, occlusion, minimal intervention techniques and ethical marketing.
Course format and assessment
Your performance will be assessed through a combination of coursework and written examinations. Forms of assessment may typically include written assignments and clinical case reports. Coursework contributes approximately 40% and examinations approximately 60% to your final mark with the exception of:
the Clinical Case Reports module which is assessed by case submissions, including presentations and write ups, of four small cases covering 40% of the module mark (one submission is formative and three are summative) and one multi-disciplinary case covering 60% of the module mark.
Flexible learning, January start..
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Domestic entry requirements: Students should have a dental qualification acceptable to King's with employment as a dentist in a dental practice, dental school, hospital, or community dental services environment.
- International entry requirements: Students should have a dental qualification acceptable to King's with employment as a dentist in a dental practice, dental school, hospital, or community dental services environment. Students can demonstrate their English Language Proficiency with any of the following tests and grades: IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each skill; TOEFL IBT: 92 overall, with a minimum 23 in each skill.
- IELTS score: 6.5
- TOEFL score: 92