This MSc programme is for mechanical engineering students who want to specialise in this innovative and fast growing sector. You can tailor your degree programme to build on your experience and reflect your interests and chosen specialism.
* Get involved in internationally leading research with industry partners at a top UK university
* Be taught by world-leading academics and have regular contact with them throughout the programme
* Accredited by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers
* Work in our state-of-the-art facilities
What you'll study
On this MSc course, you can choose one specialist pathway in solid mechanics, robotics and automation, or thermofluids and combustion.
You?ll develop innovative computational and technological products for industry and perform a design analysis of mechanical engineering systems.
We?ll build on your existing expertise by giving you specialised skills in computational modelling, numerical and experimental techniques.
You?ll leave this MSc as a very well-qualified graduate, with opportunities for employment in many leading industries as well as in research.
Our Industrial Liaison Forum gives you a chance to network with our industrial partners and build your professional contacts.
Graduates from SEMS postgraduate programmes have gone onto a diverse range of job roles including:
* Engineering Professionals ? Civil, Design, Electrical, Mechanical
* Medical Scientist
* Management Consultant
* SEMS graduates have skills that are sought after by a wide range of industries, employers include:
* Jaguar Land Rover
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Domestic entry requirements: Students need to have a good 2:2 or above at undergraduate level in Engineering or a related discipline.
- International entry requirements: Students need to have a good 2:2 or above at undergraduate level in Engineering or a related discipline. Students need to have an IELTS 6.5 overall including 6.0 in Writing, and 5.5 in Reading, Listening and Speaking. TOEFL: 92 overall including 21 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening and 20 in Speaking.
- IELTS score: 6.5
- TOEFL score: 92