Who is it for?
Whether you are an engineering student or engineering professional, this course will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to pursue or enhance your career in the IoT industry. The course will also appeal to aspiring entrepreneurs that are keen on starting their own IoT ventures.
This MSc will help you explore a range of technical fields, such as computing, electronics, telecommunications, computer networks, informatics, data analytics, cyber security, and software engineering.
The City, University of London Internet of Things with Entrepreneurship MSc will help you:
* Cover the theory and practice that will be valuable for a career in the emergent IoT industry or starting your own IoT venture.
* Develop the deep expertise in the underlying technologies of electronics, sensing and communications that will enable you to exploit the demand and opportunities for engineers with both technical skills and an awareness of the business implications of IoT.
* Learn to apply your knowledge to create new inventions and ideas, and bring them to reality.
* Develop an entrepreneurial perspective that is essential for designing innovative products with a module from the Sir John Cass Business School, renowned as one of the UK?s leading business schools.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is the major technology influencing all aspects of our life, health, entertainments and society. As a graduate of this course, your skills and knowledge will open up opportunities in a range electronic communications fields that include the Internet, covering:
* Fundamental technologies
* Wireless communications
* Optical communications
* Mobile communications
* Satellite communications
* Communication protocols
* Digital security
After your MSc studies, this course will also provide you with opportunities for further study, leading to a PhD.
City, University of London is located in central London near many large company sites, SMEs and start-up companies, and start-up incubators. As a graduate of this MSc, you may also further your careers by:
* Creating your own start-up after using the group design project as a pre-incubator.
* Working for one of the many IoT start-ups in the UK.
* Providing consultancy to IoT start-ups.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Domestic entry requirements: Students should hold the minimum of a second-class honours degree, or the equivalent in an engineering, scientific or mathematical discipline. Suitable industrial experience will be considered, such as a few years in a related industry or start-up.
- International entry requirements: Students should hold the minimum of a second-class honours degree, or the equivalent in an engineering, scientific or mathematical discipline. Suitable industrial experience will be considered, such as a few years in a related industry or start-up. The English requirements for this course are IELTS 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in all four test components is preferable).