The Engineering Management MSc programme is designed to help you master current and emerging engineering management issues and the management principles that underpin effective business strategies and outcomes.
Balancing academic theory with practical opportunities, this course provides tools to manage sophisticated large, complex and multi-disciplinary projects and supply-chains.
The course will provide you with the understanding and tools to manage financial budgets and understand the bigger picture faced by the wider company.
You will also be exposed to Practical Knowledge from the science behind renewable energy through to the diverse new world of modern consumer technology design for the home.
A strong emphasis is placed on the scientific and technological revolutions underway and the process of technological convergence which have had a major impact on both the older established engineering industries and the younger electronics, wireless, computer, media and creative industries and internet-based start-ups.
Teaching & assessment
You will learn from highly experienced practitioners, and the course will include input from executives with experience across a range of industries including manufacturing, electronics, finance, media and major consultancies (such as PwC and AD Little Inc). These industry connections have informed the content and design of the course.
Uniquely, the course integrates Technology Strategy with Business Strategy of project-based organisations.
Assessment is carried out by a variety of methods including coursework, examinations and a dissertation.
Your future career
Study a Masters in Engineering Management and lay the foundations for a rewarding career in your chosen field.
You?ll develop a strong transferrable skillset including verbal and written communication skills, team work and commercial awareness, preparing you for a career in a range of professions and industries, making substantial contributions to multidisciplinary project teams and the financing, execution and delivery of projects thereby progressing higher up in the organisation and into senior management positions of the firm or change career paths. The MSc Engineering Management programme is designed to prepare students for successful careers across several project-based institutions and businesses in, amongst others:
* Consumer Electronics
* Software, Wireless and Internet based ventures
* Information Technology
* Oil, Gas and Alternative Energy Industries
* Finance and International Banking
* International Project Finance
* Manufacturing, Heavy Engineering and Aerospace
* Government Departments
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Domestic entry requirements: Students need to have 2:2 in Science, Engineering, Technology or Management subject or background. Normally we require a UK 2:2 (Honours) or equivalent in relevant subjects.
- International entry requirements: Students need to have 2:2 in Science, Engineering, Technology or Management subject or background. Normally we require a UK 2:2 (Honours) or equivalent in relevant subjects. Students need to have: IELTS: 6.5 overall. No subscore lower than 5.5; TOEFL iBT: 88 overall, with Reading 18 Listening 17 Speaking 20 Writing 17.