ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The School of Design offers a practice-based MRes Pathway built on the wide range of our design research, which explores the space between society and technology supported by expertise spanning across Innovation Design Engineering, Global Innovation Design, Design Products, Healthcare Design, Service Design, Vehicle Design and Intelligent Mobility, Fashion and Textiles. Students will also achieve PG Cert and PG Dip award.
The programme offers:
* Multidisciplinary teaching inputs from School of Design staff (Intelligent Mobility, Fashion, Textile, Service Design, Design Product, Global Design Innovation and Innovation Design Engineering)
* Seminars and workshops taught by leading practitioners and researchers visiting or based in the School of Design
* Shape an individuals? critical, lateral, entrepreneurial and innovation thinking through research methodologies applied to design
* Support transformative experiences that aim to implement existing careers
* Exposure to the RCA's cross-College research culture and approach, across the Schools of Architecture, Communication, Fine Art and History of Design, experienced in interdisciplinary workshops
* Exposure to leading institutions, design centre and business incubator ? like the Helen Hamlyn Design Centre, Innovation RCA, Science Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Design Museum and Imperial College London ? through seminars and workshops
* The opportunity to work and collaborate with students of different backgrounds, disciplines and cultures
* Being an active member of the School of Design research community by participating in MPhil/PhD seminars, workshops and current research projects (for example Lloyd?s Register Foundation, Huawei, Tata, Airbus, Brioni, Adidas Swarovski, Fashion Fragance, Microsoft etc).
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Masters in Research (MRes)||£12,350||Home Fees|
|Masters in Research (MRes)||£12,350||European Fees|
|Masters in Research (MRes)||£32,800||Overseas Fees|
- Domestic entry requirements: Students should have a good first degree in a related subject. We welcome applications from students of all ages, and view both prior academic and professional experience as valuable.
- International entry requirements: Students should have a good first degree in a related subject. We welcome applications from students of all ages, and view both prior academic and professional experience as valuable. Students who do not speak English as their first language are required to produce evidence that within the previous two years they have achieved an IELTS exam score of 6.5 with 6 in writing.
- IELTS score: 6.5