Current research projects:
* Democracy and democratic politics in India;
* Jawaharlal Nehru;
* Legal understandings of culture in India;
* Approaches to Twentieth Century Science in China and India
* The politics of regionalism and federalism in India
* Learning achievement in private and government schools in India
* Mobilization of the lower castes and untouchables in India
* India and the Second World War
* Diplomatic and Contemporary history of South Asia and India
The King?s India Institute offers a unique and exciting environment for the in-depth study of India. Promoting an inter-disciplinary understanding of India in a comparative global context, the Institute coordinates and develops India-related research capabilities. Students can draw on academic expertise in a range of disciplines, and supervision may be provided from within the Institute or jointly with other faculty within the College.
Course study environment
The India Institute offers a lively and thought-provoking programme of seminars, workshops and colloquia, all of which encourage interaction between graduate students, research staff and a wider audience. Together with the Institute's core staff and associate faculty across various departments at King's, PhD students add to the multi-disciplinary and vibrant intellectual atmosphere of the Institute. The Institute also regularly hosts internationally renowned visiting fellows who add an important dimension to our stimulating academic environment.
Normal start date is September but students may commence at other times by arrangement. MPhil two years FT; PhD three years FT..
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Master of Philosophy - MPhil||£5,550||Home Fees|
|Master of Philosophy - MPhil||£20,820||Overseas Fees|
|Master of Philosophy - MPhil||£5,550||European Fees|
- Domestic entry requirements: A Master's degree is usually required. In exceptional circumstances only, a Bachelor's degree with first class or high 2:1 honours will be considered.
- International entry requirements: A Master's degree is usually required. In exceptional circumstances only, a Bachelor's degree with first class or high 2:1 honours will be considered. Students can demonstrate their English Language Proficiency with the following tests and grades: IELTS (Academic): 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill; TOEFL iBT:100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills; Cambridge Advanced Certificate (CAE) / Cambridge C1 Advanced: 185 overall; minimum 176 in all skills; Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) / Cambridge C2 Proficiency: 185 overall; minimum 176 in all skills; Pearson Test of English (Academic): 69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each communicative skill.
- IELTS score: 7
- TOEFL score: 100