If you want to gain practical experience in computer science, undertake this intensive MSc conversion programme. Enhance your employability by exploiting the potential of computing and information systems, and combine specialist technical skills with your current knowledge and experience.
* Enrich your studies with an 8-12-month industrial placement, working with an appropriate employer in a role that relates directly to your field of study
* Ideal for highly motivated graduates of any discipline with little prior technical experience
* Change career direction or enhance your employability by developing your skills
* Study with academics with a wealth of industrial experience
* Work with the most up-to-date technologies - each topic is backed up by our world-leading research centres and groups
The School has excellent bespoke facilities, including:
* Augmented human interaction (AHI) laboratory
* Informatics teaching laboratory with 350 state-of-the-art computers
* Antenna measurement laboratory
* qMedia and arts technology studios (Performance lab, control room, listening/recording room)
* Robotics laboratory (ARQspace)
The broad range of skills gained through programmes in this School, coupled with multiple opportunities for extra-curricular activities and work experience, has enabled postgraduates to move into roles such as:
* Revenue analyst
* Databases assistant manager
* Software developer
* Associate project manager/content manager
* Senior executive officer for social media
* Business analyst
* Database administrator
* Business development manager
* Systems, applications and products in data processing.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Domestic entry requirements: The usual entrance requirement for entry to a taught masters degree is a good second class honours degree from a UK university (except clinical medical or dental), a recognised equivalent from an accredited overseas institution or an equivalent professional qualification.
- International entry requirements: The usual entrance requirement for entry to a taught masters degree is a good second class honours degree from a UK university (except clinical medical or dental), a recognised equivalent from an accredited overseas institution or an equivalent professional qualification. Students need to have an IELTS 6.5 overall including 6.0 in Writing, and 5.5 in Reading, Listening and Speaking. TOEFL: 92 overall including 21 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening and 20 in Speaking.
- IELTS score: 6.5
- TOEFL score: 92