Our degree in criminology and criminal justice is aimed at anyone who wants to learn more about the causes, consequences and prevention of crime at local, national and international levels.
Course modules, such as security and terrorism, and the criminology of war, help you to explore the current social, cultural and political debates surrounding crime. You will also learn about crime scene investigation, forensic psychology and miscarriages of justice. During your study, you can also applyfor a placement to put your learning into practice.
**What you should know about this course**
- This course offers great opportunities to explore this fascinating discipline in both applied and theoretical context.
- You will explore the social, cultural and political debates surrounding crime, victimisation and deviance.
- You will enhance your academic knowledge of key issues, including security, terrorism, cybercrime and criminology of war.
- You will learn about crime scene investigation, forensic psychology, and the UK Criminal Justice System.
- Optional modules include one where students study in a prison alongside serving prisoners and another which is a placement with an agency that is part of / complementary to the Criminal Justice System.
Popular careers for our criminology graduates include roles in the police, working for the prison and security services, and the Home Office.
Please see our website for more information.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts - BA||£9,250||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts - BA||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts - BA||£13,000||Overseas Fees|