**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– Masterclasses with industry professionals and real life industry projects will help you develop your craft and build the skills needed for a career in writing.
– This course covers a range of formats, including digital writing, creative non-fiction, prose writing, poetry, and dramatic writing.
– Workshops will allow you to hone your writing craft, while lectures and seminars will give you the tools you need to develop your own creativity.
**About this course**
This degree covers the art and craft of writing in all its forms. You’ll be taught by published writers and will gain a wide range of skills across creative and nonfiction genres. You’ll examine how writing can be used to communicate in a range of contexts, with appropriate uses of style, register, and form. You’ll take part in masterclasses by industry professionals and join the thriving community of our specialist Writers’ Centre. An extended writing project will be on a subject of your choice. You’ll also build a professional portfolio and work on real-life industry projects, giving you vital employment experience to prepare you for a career in writing.
Examples of modules: Please note that is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Practical Journalism 1
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Writing that Works
- Introduction to Communication
- Style and Meaning
- Independent Creative Writing
Year 2 optional modules:
- Content, Form and Creativity
- Magazine Journalism
- Write Action: Introduction to Dramatic Writing
- Introduction to Screenwriting
- Transforming Realities: Innovation and Social Change in Twentieth Century and Contemporary Literature
- Professional Writing in Practice
Year 3 optional modules:
- Special Study: Literary Journalism and War
- Beyond Text: Advanced Dramatic Writing
- Special Author
- British Black and Asian Writing
- Making Shakespeare: Text, Performance and Adaptation
- Gender and Sexuality
- Creative Writing Special Study: Narrative Techniques in Popular Fiction
- Creative Writing Special Study: Get a Life: Forms of (Auto)biography
- Box Set Drama: Writing for Television
- Creative Writing Special Study: Innovations in Poetry and Prose
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|