This course is ideal if you have a lively and enquiring mind, and are interested in how business really functions and how strategic decisions are made. It opens up a potentially varied but stable and well-paid career, with excellent prospects: organisations will always need to manage their finances.
We have designed this course in collaboration with practising industry professionals and the leading professional associations. The course is accredited by ACCA and CIMA, and connects to their curricula, which means that when you graduate you’ll be exempt from several parts of the professional examinations with ACCA and CIMA, should you choose to sit them.
Our central London campus is equipped with excellent modern facilities, including ICT which matches the systems in use in industry. You’ll learn to use leading accounting, trading and research technologies including Bloomberg, Sage, SAP, Fame and S&P Capital IQ. As a result, you’ll graduate with the immediate advantage of knowing how to use these systems in the workplace. You’ll also have the opportunity to become certified with Sage, the world-leading accounting software.
This very practical course is designed to give you every possible employability advantage when you graduate. You’ll have opportunities to network with businesses in industry, hear from high-profile guest lecturers, and visit a range of employers and institutions (perhaps the Bank of England, Bloomberg and the London Stock Exchange). You’ll also be encouraged to pursue independent learning by making the most of all the events, exhibitions, conferences and museums which London has to offer.
You’ll benefit considerably by being taught by tutors who have had international careers in accounting and finance. Their experience spans ‘big four’ firms and other multi-nationals and some continue to serve on business boards. There are PhDs on the staff and some undertake research or consult to businesses. Several are published, and most are senior fellows of at least one professional association. They are, however, friendly, accessible and supportive, happy to offer their experience to help you better understand your studies and how your career might develop.
You’ll develop your ability to think critically and strategically – vital skills for anyone wanting to advance in, or begin a career in, finance and accounting. Your tutors will provide opportunities to develop these skills through interactive, problem-based learning using case studies, simulations, and business projects.
Key course benefits;
- This course is accredited by the leading professional associations and is designed to reflect what businesses want from graduates.
- You’ll graduate from this course with a clear idea of the career options open to you in the world of international finance and accounting – and beyond.
- Coventry University is ranked 12th in the UK (out of 121 universities) for accounting and finance, according to the Guardian University League Tables 2018.
- You’ll develop a wide range of highly transferable soft skills, including confidence, teamwork, research, report-writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Your tutors and the Employability Team at Coventry University London have an extensive network of business contacts, which can lead to visits, tours, networking and placement opportunities.
- In your final term, your studies will culminate in a major project which will stretch your strategic thinking. You could choose from an internship, a dissertation, a global business simulation, or an entrepreneurship business plan.
- You’ll learn a wide range of professional and technological skills which will smooth your transition into the world of finance or accounting, or support a return to your career at a higher level. For example, you’ll have learned to use industry-standard software.
Your main study themes are:
- **Internationalisation** – You’ll learn to apply your skills internationally, whether working for a multi-national, dealing with overseas companies, trading globally, or moving money around the world.
- **Frameworks** – You’ll deepen your understanding of a wide range of governance systems, including business ethics; international accounting standards; and legal and regulatory frameworks.
- **The use of information** – You’ll learn to accurately gather, record, analyse, model and present key financial information, both for internal and external use, within the appropriate frameworks.
- **Business strategy** – You will contextualise finance and accounting within wider business and economics, and explore the way business strategy depends on, and also influences, financial and accounting policy and results.
For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|