The Early Childhood Development & Learning Degree has been designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required by the industry to develop a career in The Early Years sector, or undertake postgraduate specialist study.
The programme focuses on modern teaching practices with students receiving multi-disciplinary learning to develop key skills such as empathy, interpersonal skills and authoritative expertise.
As you progress through the programme, you will become confident and competent practitioners supporting learning and development of children aged 0-8 years. Establishing creativity, resilience and strategic thinking, you will be equipped with the skills and support necessary for successful entry into the early years sector.
If you are excited at the prospect of making a positive difference to young children and their development, our degree will enable you to learn all about the personal, analytical and management skills needed to have a successful career within the early years sector and beyond.
This course has been developed and is taught by practising professionals and industry experts. Our academics bring a wealth of expertise to the classroom with many continuing to undertake research and other projects alongside teaching, meaning our students gain a well-rounded and relevant teaching experience.
Throughout your studies, you will find that the course is underpinned with practical elements. Previous placements and trips have been to nurseries, primary schools and children’s centres.
**Key Course Benefits**
* Upon completion of this course, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University, which is ranked 13th best university in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2019. Coventry University were also awarded a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2017.
* You will receive support with applying for short and long-term placements, to gain the experience employers desire, with our in-house Careers & Employability department.
* You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in Coventry, London and Scarborough.
* In order to make higher education accessible to as many people as possible, we keep our tuition fees competitively priced.
* Small tutorial group sessions ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
* We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
* Hands-on experience of organising and working with young children ages 0-8.
Your main study themes are:
**Working in early years settings**
You will examine the legislation, safeguarding, health and safety, team working and management involved in childhood development. You will also develop an understanding of managing and leading in an early years setting.
**Collaborative working and positive relationships with children**
You will look at the role of multi-agency working and positive supportive relationships with children. You will also develop a critical appreciation of the range of education, health and welfare provision to promote children’s health and wellbeing and continue to develop their awareness of the role of team and partnership working.
**Values and principles working with children and families**
You will develop an understanding of the effective practice with children and families. You will also explore researching children and families and ethical considerations.
**The social context of the child**
You will cover the historical, national and international context of childhood. You will also develop a critical appreciation and reflect on societal influences on how childhood is constructed and analyse how this impacts on healthy childhood development and wellbeing.
For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£7,700||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£7,700||European Fees|