This is an ideal course if you want a preparatory period of study before progressing onto a degree in a range of health and care subjects. Essential academic skills are embedded into all the work to ensure you can excel in future learning.
This foundation course is also useful if you have the academic ability to succeed at degree-level study, but do not have the appropriate subject background knowledge. Successful completion of all modules in this course means you could progress onto year one of your chosen degree.
Key course benefits;
* You will receive support with applying for short and long-term placements, to gain the experience employers desire, with our Careers & Employability department.
* You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in London, Coventry and Scarborough.
* We keep our fees low to make higher education more accessible to everyone. This means you benefit from an amazing modern university experience, at a competitive price.
* Small tutorial group sessions of up to five people ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need, whenever you need it.
* We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
Your main study themes are:
**Academic Skills:** You will improve and refine key academic skills needed for progression into higher education and industry application. These skills include research methods, communication skills, presentation skills and more.
**The Fundamentals Biological and Chemical Sciences:** You will develop your core understanding within the sciences, including biology, chemistry and physiology. You will focus on the application of fundamental scientific principles within analytical industries. You will also develop a critical appreciation of biological and chemical sciences to enable you to develop practical skills in a range of scenarios.
**Communications:** Exploring communicating with scientific teams and different forms of communications from presentations to written communications to share information effectively.
For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Foundation Certificate - Fd cert||£7,700||European Fees|
|Foundation Certificate - Fd cert||£7,700||Home Fees|