This modern, innovative and exciting programme provides comprehensive coverage of essential practices from the Management & Leadership course, combined with the key topics taught on the Law & Practice course.
For students who have an interest in both industries, this course focuses on contemporary business and legal issues that impact on the running of a successful organisation. You will learn the key points of owning or running a business within the legal remit and the key differences and practices of entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs.
You’ll also gain a solid background in key topic areas such as writing contracts, rights on intellectual property and how to lawfully advertise and market a business.
**Key course benefits;**
* Upon completion of this course, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University, which is ranked 13th best University in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2019. Coventry University were also awarded Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2017.
* You will receive support with applying for short and long-term placements, to gain the experience employers desire, with our Careers & Employability department.
* You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in London, Coventry and Scarborough.
* In order to make higher education accessible to as many people as possible, we keep our tuition fees competitively priced.
* Small tutorial group sessions ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
* We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
Your main study themes are:
**The English Legal System:** An understanding of the classifications of law into public/private, domestic/European/international and civil/criminal. Key concepts of criminal law and its applications to real life scenarios.
**Managing Information:** Decision making is fundamental to the success of a manager. Faced with substantial amounts and a variety of information on a daily basis, it is important that managers are able to make effective decisions quickly. This can only be done if the manager has an appropriate way of managing and being able to assess accurately the information that they receive.
**Internationalisation:** Comparative study of other legal orders, such as the European Union or legal systems in other jurisdictions which are also based on English common law.
**Client Care and Practice:** Conducting interviews and best practices, identifying legal problems, customer support and system management and law from the clients’ perspective.
**Management Resources:** This includes the control and operation of budgets and financial reserves and the infrastructure required to deliver necessary outputs in time and to sufficient quality. Avoidance of resource waste, and ensuring maximum return on investment is key.
**Research Methods:** Internet based law research resources used in the profession, such as Westlaw, LexisNexis and LawTel. Presentation of work through digital media is also built into session plans.
**Managing Self:** Personal management requires determination, effort, high quality personal organisation, skills essential for successful and competent managers to deliver results. Developing rigorous and effective self-organisation skills are qualities valued by all employers.
For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Higher National Certificate - HNC||£6,500||Home Fees|
|Higher National Certificate - HNC||£6,500||European Fees|