Whether you dream of running your own business or aspire to become the manager of a much-respected Public Limited Company (PLC), management roles are both challenging and rewarding.
At CU Group, our Business Management & Leadership HND programme is designed to help you establish key leadership skills, from managing people and resources to strategic planning. Our degree also focuses on contemporary management issues, giving you the opportunity to develop a wealth of general skills needed to aid progression from an operational level through to leadership.
Success in this field requires confidence, versatility and strategic thinking, coupled with elevated communication skills and a desire to succeed.
**Key course benefits;**
* Upon completion of this course, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University, which is ranked 13th best University in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2019. Coventry University were also awarded Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2017.
* You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in London, Coventry and Scarborough.
* In order to make higher education accessible to as many people as possible, we keep our tuition fees competitively priced.
* Small tutorial group sessions ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
* We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
* Free student membership of The Chartered Management Institute for the duration of the course and one year after graduating.
Your main study themes are:
**Managing People:** One of the fundamental concepts in leadership and management is the management of people. This includes getting the most from employees within the organisation in a supporting manner, leading, motivating and encouraging staff to willingly contribute to the growth and improved quality of the organisation.
**Managing Operations:** Responsible for establishing the how, where, when and why, you will understand the art of delivering the best outcomes and processes of operation. You will acknowledge the effectiveness of efficiency within an organisation and look at different work practices such as lean and agile operations and organisational methods required to achieve this.
**Management Resources:** This includes the control and operation of budgets and financial reserves and the infrastructure required to deliver necessary outputs in time and to sufficient quality. Avoiding resource waste and ensuring the maximum return on investment is paramount to successful managers.
**Managing Information:** Decision making is fundamental to the success of a manager. Faced with substantial amounts and a variety of information on a daily basis, it is important that managers are able to make effective decisions quickly. This can only be done if the manager has an effective way of managing and being able to assess accurately the information that they receive.
**Managing Self:** Personal management requires determination, effort, high quality personal organisation, skills essential for successful and competent managers to deliver results. Developing rigorous and effective self-organisation skills are qualities valued by all employers.
For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Higher National Diploma - HND||£6,500||Home Fees|
|Higher National Diploma - HND||£6,500||European Fees|