Our Foundation Year courses offer an introduction to your chosen subject and are an ideal route to degree level qualifications, helping you develop the necessary skills for further study.
As accounting and finance plays an integral role in business operations, qualified accountants are in great demand all over the world.
If you want to start a career in the finance industry, this course aims to provide the fundamental knowledge and skill set in a range of mathematical and business principles, as well as the theories and concepts involved in investment risk and professional ethics.
Key course benefits;
* We keep our fees low to make higher education more accessible to everyone. This means you benefit from an amazing modern university experience, at a competitive price.
* Small tutorial group sessions of up to five people ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
* We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
* If you successfully pass this foundation year, you will automatically qualify for enrolment onto our Professional Accounting BA (Hons) course, subject to meeting specific entry criteria.
* You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in London, Coventry and Scarborough.
Your main study themes are:
**Academic Skills:** You will improve and refine key academic skills needed for progression into higher education and industry application. These skills include research methods, communication skills, referencing skills, presentation skills and more.
**Self-Management Skills:** You will have an understanding of management skills and appropriate approaches. You will also learn motivational skills, decision making, problem solving and more.
**Language and Practices:** Understanding the main language and common practices used within accounting contexts. Exploring a number of alternative practices, such as alternative recognition rules and valuation bases, approaches to control and decision making.
**Communications:** Exploring communication with teams and the important role this plays in the business industry. You will also look at different forms of communications from presentations to written communications, focussing on how to share information effectively.
For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Foundation Certificate - Fd cert||£6,500||European Fees|
|Foundation Certificate - Fd cert||£6,500||Home Fees|