Accounting information lies at the heart of management and is also used by investors, business contacts, competitors and other external parties. Therefore, the MSc Accounting and Business Management appeals to graduates with a business'related degree who want to develop their understanding of accounting and management in a business context and develop skills that enhance their employability. The rigorous and integrated syllabus emphasises the value of developing knowledge and skills progressively. It supports personal learning and development through managed choice and encourages personal initiative, enthusiasm and positive study habits.
<b> Special features </b> <p>
Valuable accounting and management skills for students intending to seek employment in today's competitive job market and those who will work in the family business <p>
Strong foundation for entrepreneurs planning to set up and manage their own businesses <p>
Graduating students receive accreditation from ACCA in respect of three papers at Foundation Level <p>
Graduating students receive accreditation from ICAEW in respect of three papers at Professional Stage <p>
Graduating students receive accreditation from CIMA in respect of two papers at Certificate Level, one paper at Operational Level and two papers at Management Level <p>
Graduating students receive accreditation from AIA in respect of six papers, which form a part of the AIA professional qualification <p>
Firm foundation for future doctoral studies <p>
<b>Modules include:</b> <p> Financial accounting; <p> Financial reporting; <p> Management accounting; <p> Current issues in accounting; <p> International management; <p> Understanding business and management research; <p> Dissertation. <p> <b>Optional modules:</b> <p> Business performance management; <p> Business planning; <p> Entrepreneurship; <p> Strategic Management; <p> Global diversity management; <p> International business ethics and corporate governance; <p> International Business Strategy.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- A 2:2 UK Honours degree or an equivalent internationally recognised qualification in management, business studies or a cognate discipline (with a large component of management related subjects in their degree) and evidence of numeracy skills.
- Applicants with non-degree qualifications will be also considered who have relevant work experience (minimum 5 years full-time post qualification) and will be assessed on an interview basis.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
- Entry criteria are subject to review and change each academic year.
- English Language Requirements are IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas), Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores), BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas).