From modern fiction and comedy to screenwriting and poetry – there are a number of exciting and creatively stimulating genres you will be able to explore and master on our Creative Writing programme.
Whether you’re interested in travel writing, journalism, comedy screenwriting, the short story or the contemporary novel, Brunel has a wide range of staff who regularly produce bestselling novels, screenplays for major movies or journalism for the best of the British and international press. Combining this expertise with a supportive environment for students looking to break into writing, the Brunel Creative Writing BA is undoubtedly among the best in the country.
You will work within a vibrant academic discipline that specialises in contemporary literature and culture, and will be part of a School dedicated to the contemporary arts. The creative writing programme at Brunel is one of the oldest established in the UK.
- You will be given a secure foundation in the techniques of writing fiction, theatre and poetry, and will be introduced to the idea of writing as a profession.
- Within a sound academic environment, you will be able to develop your own creativity and explore different genres of writing under the guidance of experienced staff and practising writers of international standing.
- Good writing and creative skills have never been more important, especially for anyone seeking a career in the burgeoning creative industries field.
World Literature, World Literacies
Creative Writing Practice
The Creative Process
Writing the Short Story
Writing Contemporary Poetry
Horror, Sci-fi and Fantasy
Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes
Shakespeare Text & Performance
The Women’s Movement: 20th Century Writing and Contemporary Writing
Romanticism & Revolution
Contemporary British Fiction
Creative Writing Special Project
Writing Modern Fiction
Writing Film and Television
Victorian Literature and Culture
Jane Austen and Her Novels
Post-War and Late Twentieth-Century Literature. 1945-2001
Modern & Contemporary Lesbian Literature
The Muslim World in Early Modern English
Chaucer to Shakespeare
Reading for Writers / Writing for Readers
Visit website for full course and module details.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£15,860||Overseas Fees|
- IELTS (Academic)6.5with no less than 5.5 in each subsectionInstitution's Own Test65% in Brunel English Language Testwith no less than 55% in each subsectionTOEFL (iBT)92.0with a minimum of:
- Reading - 18
- Listening - 17
- Speaking - 20
- Writing - 17PTE Academic58.0with a minimum of 51 in all subscores