Studying Economics and Mathematics at Royal Holloway means that you will learn from internationally renowned experts at two of the UK’s top ten teaching and research centres. Economic analysis relies increasingly on mathematical foundations and this joint degree combines the core program of both subjects. Optimal individual behaviour is found through the use of calculus, the dynamic properties of economics are studied with difference and differential equations, and important results in welfare economics are established from topological properties. Advanced mathematics and computing are vital for businesses in determining the best strategy. This degree provides the knowledge and transferable skills for a career in business or finance.
In your studies you will consider the analysis of individual behaviour and markets, with options in financial and industrial economics and other fields; you will learn how to analyse data and understand the fundamental properties of the mathematics used, from calculus to probability and statistics, graphs and optimisation and financial mathematics.
Our balanced approach to research and teaching guarantees high quality teaching from subject leaders, cutting edge materials and intellectually challenging debates. The course follows a coherent and developmental structure which is combined with an effective and flexible approach to study.
- Excellent career prospects; both economics and mathematics have impressive employment record sand graduates’ starting salaries are amongst the highest in the country.
- Flexibility to specialise in areas, including: economics in warfare, probability economics: financial econometrics, economic growth, rings and factorisation, complex variable and quantum theory II.
- Quality research and teaching;one of only two Economics departments in the country placed in the top ten for both research and student satisfaction and the Mathematics department is 2nd in the UK for research impact (Research Assessment Exercise, 2014 and National Student Survey 2015).
- Inspiring close community: Royal Holloway has a friendly and relaxing community environment where everyday interactions with student and staff from different departments and nationalities are a norm.
Please refer to our website for information: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/economics/economics-and-mathematics.aspx
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£16,900||Overseas Fees|
- IELTS (Academic)6.5IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 in both Reading and Writing and no lower than 5.5 in every other subscore.