**Why choose this course?**
Do you want to see how the media industry works in real life? This course explores the production and consumption of media and cultural objects like art, film, television, music and literature. It looks at how these media channels shape our ways of communicating. On the course you'll examine the media's role in today's society, economy and politics, and develop practical skills in digital media.
We were ranked at number 18 in the UK (out of 87) for media and film in the Guardian University League Tables 2018.
**Foundation year - Humanities & Arts**
If you are thinking of returning to education after a break you could apply for our foundation year course. This course will provide you with the academic and transferable skills you need to study an undergraduate degree in any of the humanities or arts. At Kingston these include Creative Writing, Dance, English Literature, English Language and History.
Throughout the year-long course, you can study a range of these subjects, allowing you to get a better idea of which ones you prefer. It'll guide you in the direction of a humanities or arts degree that you're particularly interested in. The foundation year will develop your independent study skills and help you to better understand your academic ability, a potential career path and how to develop the skills that employers look for in graduates.
Examples of modules:
- Becoming an Independent Learner
- Radical Imaginations
- Being Human: History and the History of Ideas
- Communication in Context and Practice
- Digital Media Foundations
- How Media Changed the World
- Media Now, Texts, Practices and Events
- Cultural Theories of Mass and New Media
- Identity and Difference
- Just Like That!: Comedy and Light Entertainment in TV and Film
- Media Industries and Professions
- Multi-Media Production
- @ Work in the Media Industries
- Issues in Contemporary Media and Culture
- Media Research Project
- Power and Resistance
- Social Intersections: Gender, Race and Class
- Special Study: Art/Media Management and Production
- Special Study: Branding the Self: Celebrity, Indentity and David Bowie
- Special Study: Multi-Platform Political Communication
- Writing Television Drama
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|