**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– This course offers practical experience through field trips, workshops and two work placements.
– You’ll have the opportunity to study abroad in one of our European partner universities.
– You’ll develop skills and creative abilities for the support and benefit of children, young people and their families.
**About this course**
This degree will prepare you for a career working with children, young people and their families in a variety of settings.
Your placements will be in settings such as youth justice, early intervention, health services, schools and children’s centres. You’ll become familiar with the range of professionals and services for children and young people.
Through both practice and theory, you’ll develop a knowledge of social pedagogy (an inclusive and holistic approach to wellbeing, learning and growth), an understanding of children’s law and rights and the importance of safeguarding children and young people. You’ll study human growth, development and life transitions, and ethics and diversity.
Teaching includes field trips, workshops, practical activities, lectures, problem-solving approaches and small group sessions for learning support. We have excellent library and virtual learning environment resources, and a specialist team to help you get the most out of them.
Examples of modules:
- Working with Ethics and Diversity in Professional Practice
- Working with Children and Young People: Roles and Professional Contexts
- Developing the personal and professional self
- Children and Young People’s Development, Different Relationships and Social Contexts
- Children and Young People: Rights and Responsibilities
- Social Pedagogy
- Practice Experience: Local and international contexts
- Inter-professional perspectives: safeguarding for children and young people
- Practice experience 2: planning for your future career
- Developing Creative approaches to working with children and young people
- Working with Children and Young People: Capstone project
- Working with Children and Young People in Context: Relationships and Professional Practice
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts - BA||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts - BA||£9,250||European Fees|