**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– This course offers practical experience through field trips, workshops and two work placements.
– There is the opportunity to study abroad in one of our European partner universities.
– You’ll develop skills and creative abilities for the support and benefit of children, young people and their families.
**About this course**
Would you like to use your talents in a career where you support children, young people and their families? This degree will prepare you for professional opportunities in settings such as health, social care, education and youth justice.
You’ll become familiar with the range of services for children and young people. Through work placements, you’ll apply your learning to areas such as youth justice, early intervention, health services, schools and children’s centres.
This course will introduce social pedagogy; an inclusive and holistic approach to wellbeing, learning and growth. You’ll gain an understanding of children’s law and rights and the importance of safeguarding. Studies also include human growth, development, life transitions, ethics and diversity.
Examples of modules:
- Working with Ethics and Diversity in Professional Practice
- Working with Children and Young People: Roles and Professional Contexts
- Developing the personal and professional self
- Children and Young People’s Development, Different Relationships and Social Contexts
- Children and Young People: Rights and Responsibilities
- Social Pedagogy
- Practice Experience: Local and international contexts
- Inter-professional perspectives: safeguarding for children and young people
- Practice experience 2: planning for your future career
- Developing Creative approaches to working with children and young people
- Working with Children and Young People: Capstone project
- Working with Children and Young People in Context: Relationships and Professional Practice
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts - BA||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts - BA||£9,250||European Fees|