**Reasons to choose Kingston**
- A work placement/volunteering option will enable you to practise your skills and give you valuable experience for your future career.
- You’ll apply theory to the real world through field work, such as court observations, empirical research and case study analysis.
- Kingston’s location will give you access to many criminal justice organisations, international NGOs, charities and governmental organisations.
**About this course**
Our economies and daily lives rely on people and goods travelling quickly around the world. Just as people and goods cross borders easily, so can criminals and contraband.
This course investigates the challenges that globalisation presents to order, social justice and human rights. You’ll study the drivers of political change and the criminal justice system in England and Wales. There are modules on policing and punishment, international relations and global governance, global terrorism and transnational crime.
In your final year, you can take an applied criminology placement. You’ll be encouraged to volunteer for relevant organisations such as victim support helplines, advocacy groups, justice campaigns, international charities and NGOs.
This course has a sandwich year which takes place between Year 2 and your Final Year. During this sandwich year you will take a placement within a relevant setting, ensuring you gain essential experience to add to your CV and help you secure a graduate job.
Examples of modules:
- Foundations in Criminological Theory
- Crime, Law and Justice
- Introduction to International Relations
- Another World is Possible: Order and Revolution in Political Ideology
- Policing and Punishment
- Doing Criminological Research
- International Relations and Global Governance
- Option modules
- Global Terrorism and Transnational Crime
- Option modules
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|