BA Production Arts for Screen at Wimbledon College of Arts offers a unique combination of design and making skills for film, television and other screen-based media.
This course is undergoing re-approval. This is the process by which we ensure the course continues to provide a high quality academic experience. During re-approval there may be some changes to the course content displayed on this page. Please contact us if you have any questions about the course.
More films, television programmes, animations and screen-based content are being made than ever before. Old and new technologies are working alongside each other to create digital, online and analogue content across all media. The gaming industry is growing, and virtual and augmented reality are in their early experimental stages. In a time of huge development and investment in the industry, it is a great time to get involved.
**What to expect**
• To gain skills in filming, editing and sound
• Production design - visualising the concept of a film, television or other screen-based production
• Art direction - supervising and unifying a designers' vision
• Introduction to new technologies - Virtual Reality (VR) and Computer Generated Imagery (CGI)
• Character and script analysis
• Model making
• Green screen technology
• Introduction to digital special effects
• Development of your research skills and personal reference material
• Technical drawing and Computer Aided Design (CAD) in 2D and 3D
• To have access to Wimbledon's shared workshops.
**Wimbledon College of Arts**
Set in the heart of South West London, Wimbledon College of Arts encourages practical experimentation to learn the skills needed for a successful career in both acting and design for performance.
The College’s specialist workshops, studios and on-site professional theatre provide an environment in which students can develop and learn from expert tutors and technicians who either work in the industry or have their own practices.
Wimbledon has created an integrated performance environment. Our students collaborate in teams and work side-by-side, their skills complementing each other to provide a rich, integrated approach to making performance. We believe that performance is more than a craft: it’s a way of connecting with others, of approaching challenges, and engaging our communities in the big issues of the day.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|