Design engineers are innovators who develop products and the systems used to make them. Our degrees give students the practical training and project experience to become accomplished design engineers with a professional portfolio of work.
Why study BEng/MEng Design Engineering at Middlesex University?
Design Engineering at Middlesex is available as either a three-year Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) and a four-year Master of Engineering (MEng).
The degrees produce professional and competent Design Engineers capable of playing an active role in formulating, meeting the challenges and opportunities arising in contemporary industrial and commercial practice. You will explore the design and implementation of digital systems and become experienced using the latest industry software equipped in our labs and workshops.
To support your career success, you will build a professional portfolio of work throughout your degree and receive regular guest lectures and project feedback from industry professionals, with the option of spending a year on industry placement.
Flexible programme design
Our suite of Design Engineering courses share a common first year of study which enable students to experience all aspects of engineering. Depending on your interests, you can then continue with the broad Design Engineering degree or transfer to one of these specialist honours programmes:
Robotics - Analysing and developing robotics systems
Electronics - Developing analogue and digital systems
Mechatronics - Design of electro-mechanical systems using computer control aspects
- You will be encouraged to enter prestigious design engineering competitions to enhance your experience and career prospects
- Our dedicated facilities in the new Ritterman Building are equipped with industry standard equipment in electronics, mechatronics, robotics and networking solutions
- You will extend your industry knowledge through our series of weekly guest lectures delivered by some of the UKs leading design experts and companies
- A year-long work placement is available as part of the course
- If you apply for our four-year MEng course you will gain a masters qualification as soon as you successfully complete your undergraduate degree
- Whichever pathway you choose, you can change to another after your first year
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Tuitions and fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|4 Years - full-time||Master of Engineering (with Honours) - MEng (Hon)||£9250||European Fees|
|4 Years - full-time||Master of Engineering (with Honours) - MEng (Hon)||£9250||Home Fees|
|4 Years - full-time||Master of Engineering (with Honours) - MEng (Hon)||£11500||Overseas Fees|
- IELTS (Academic): 6.0 -- With a minimum of 5.5 in each component
- TOEFL (iBT): 72.0 -- With at least 17 in listening & writing, 20 in speaking and 18 in reading
- PTE Academic: 51.0 -- With at least 51 in all components