The BSc Biomedicine with Foundation Year will provide you with the foundational knowledge of biology, chemistry and mathematics you need to successfully embark upon an undergraduate degree. You will also learn generic skills relevant to studying science, including undertaking effective research, collecting and analysing scientific data and writing experiment reports and essays.
This programme will build your confidence and give you the core knowledge and key skills you need to succeed at university. You will also get a taste of the subject area you are interested in and deepen your understanding of the career potential of your chosen subject.
Upon successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will automatically progress on to our three-year, full-time evening study BSc Biomedicine. You need only complete one application and you enrol onto one programme.
- Our Foundation Year programmes will fully prepare you for undergraduate study and are ideal if you are returning to study after a gap, or if you have not previously studied the relevant subjects, or if you didn't achieve the grades you need for a place on your chosen undergraduate degree.
- Birkbeck's Department of Biological Sciences provides state-of-the-art, specialist laboratories and facilities at the heart of academic London.
- You will be taught by internationally distinguished experts who work with governments and institutions around the globe to extend the boundaries of knowledge.
- Working in close collaboration with the Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, a joint institute between Birkbeck and UCL, our Department is recognised for the excellence and international impact of its research. In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), in a joint submission with UCL, Biological Sciences at Birkbeck were ranked 11th in the UK.
- You will receive training in practical skills and lab work, including microscopy and tabulating data.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£13,675||Overseas Fees|