This BSc Economics and Business with Foundation Year will develop your core knowledge and skills in economics and business management and prepare you to successfully complete a degree in a range of business-related disciplines. The core modules deliver key, cross-disciplinary knowledge in business and economics and you can then decide, via your choice of options, whether to continue studying an interdisciplinary mix or to take a more specialist route.
This programme will build your confidence and give you the core knowledge and key skills you need to succeed at university. You will also get a taste of the subject area you are interested in and deepen your understanding of the career potential of your chosen subject.
Upon successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will automatically progress onto our three-year, full-time evening study BSc Economics and Business or onto one of our other Economics programmes: BSc Economics, BSc Economic and Social Policy, BSc Finance with Accounting or BSc Financial Economics. You need only complete one application and you enrol onto one programme.
- Our Foundation Year programmes will fully prepare you for undergraduate study and are ideal if you returning to study after a gap, or if you have not previously studied the relevant subjects, or if you didn't achieve the grades you need for a place on your chosen undergraduate degree.
- The Department of Economics, Mathematics and Statistics brings together research and teaching in economics, finance, mathematics and statistics in a single department which creates significant interdisciplinary synergies.
- We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our teaching, providing training for employers such as the Treasury and the Bank of England.
- You will be taught by academics who are professional practitioners in the world of economics and international finance, and who provide specialist advice and in-house training for government departments and City firms and banks.
- The research of our academics, many of whom are recognised as world-class experts in their fields, feeds directly into our teaching programmes. As a student you can be certain that your tutors are actively working to extend the boundaries of knowledge.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£14,000||Overseas Fees|