**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– Fieldwork will develop a range of skills and experience and help you make informed career choices. You can choose to train as a teacher in your third year and gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
– You’ll have the opportunity to study and experience the extensive and diverse discipline of education and the chance to develop and follow your own interests.
– You’ll develop as an independent, creative and innovative thinker, with the ability to be a reflective learner and practitioner within the workplace.
**About this course**
This unique course provides an interesting and thought-provoking opportunity for you to study and experience the diverse discipline of education. It enables you to develop skills for the workplace while you explore options for your future career. In your third year, you will have the option of training to become a teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), subject to meeting Department for Education's Initial Teacher Training entry requirements. You will develop a deep understanding of the school curriculum, complete 120 days of school placements and acquire a range of teaching methods, based upon the latest research in education.
All students will study the historical, political, international and social influences on education and explore education in an international context.
This course examines how we learn throughout our lives looking at theories of learning. You’ll gain fieldwork experience in a range of educational settings, including outdoor learning, creative arts learning, museum education, traveller education, virtual learning education, school liaison and early years.
Depending on the pathway you choose for your final year, you will graduate with one of the following:
- BA(Hons) Education
- BA(Hons) Education with Primary Teaching
- BA(Hons) Education with Early Years Teaching (aged 3 - 7)
- BA(Hons) Education with Secondary Teaching (subject to availability and qualifications)
Year 1 Core:
Professional Development in Education,
Safeguarding and Children’s Rights,
Historical Social and Political Perspectives in Education,
Principles and Practices in Education.
Year 2 Core:
The Arts, Design and Creativity in Education,
Contemporary Issues in Education,
International Perspectives in Education,
Year 3 Core:
Education for Citizenship
Year 3 BA (Hons) Education Pathway:
Extended Education Placement,
Innovative Educational Project.
Year 3 BA (Hons) Education with QTS Pathway:
The Teaching Professional
Professional Practice Learning
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts - BA||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts - BA||£9,250||European Fees|