**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– This course is accredited by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Once you graduate, you can apply to register with the HCPC to start work as a qualified social worker.
– You’ll use our award-winning Practice Learning Suite, with simulated interactions with service users (on doorsteps, in living rooms, in reception areas and interview spaces).
– This course received 100 per cent overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2018).
**About this course**
Social work is a caring profession with a vast scope. It has both employment opportunities and opportunities to improve people’s lives.
This course offers hands-on experience of social work and a supporting foundation in ethics, diversity, psychology, sociology, social policy and law. You’ll study mental health, disability, adoption, fostering, substance misuse, children in conflict with the law, and domestic violence. You’ll choose a specialist area to explore in depth in your final year.
There are placements in field, residential, daycare, hospital, prison and service user-run settings. To support your work on placement, you’ll study assessment, intervention, evaluation, safeguarding, law and best practice with adults and children.
Examples of modules:
- Readiness for Direct Practice
- Human Development, Relationships and Social Contexts
- Working with Ethics and Diversity in Social Work Practice
- The Practice Context: Law and Social Policy for Social Work
- First Practice Placement
- Practice Skills and Methods: Assessment and Intervention
- Knowledge for Practice 1
- Knowledge for Practice 2
- Final Practice Placement
- Contemporary Social Work Practice
- Research in Practice Study
- Critical Analysis of Practice
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|