BA Graphic Design at Camberwell College of Arts gives you a range of skills and knowledge to produce effective design for both social engagement and the future of the design industry.
We are a community of designers, educators and students who are interested in exploring what it means to be a contemporary graphic designer. We believe that graphic design has a role in the broader fields and landscape of contemporary life, both locally and globally. Our aim is to empower you to be a proactive practitioner with the ability to make change.
**What to expect**
• Develop a deep understanding of core graphic design skills through workshops in typography, type design, layout, interaction, moving image and photography
• Projects ranging from the commercial to the more experimental, from socially engaged to personally driven
• Engage with the principles of social, political, commercial and industrial debates
• Put social engagement at the heart of your work and face socially responsible creative challenges
• Develop a personal practice which works with content and audiences which are important to you
• Producing, promoting and delivering public events as a way of showing work at the end of projects
• A series of professional practice lectures
• Course tutors from a range of different disciplines, including artists, designers, writers and filmmakers.
• To work with design and advertising agencies that Camberwell has established links with. These enable you to take up work placements with these companies and others
• To have access to Camberwell's shared workshops that include printmaking, photography, film, moving image, digital, plastic, ceramics, wood and metalwork.
Camberwell College of Arts, UAL is a renowned art and design college driving positive social impact through art and design. Our unique studio culture oﬀers students the freedom and support to explore their individual creativity using facilities that embrace both traditional craftsmanship and digital technology.
We believe passionately in social citizenship, whilst maintaining the view that arts must remain committed to the rewards of free inquiry and experimentation. Our students benefit from staff who take immense pride and care in guiding students in a journey of discovery, helping them develop the critical thinking, making skills and social sensibilities that equip them to thrive both individually and in their communities.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|