This programme will equip you for working life in the cultural and creative industries, with a specific focus on working in and managing the arts.
**Why study BA Arts Management at Goldsmiths?**
- Culture and the arts are vital to the global economy. You'll develop a powerful combination of theoretical insights and professional practice skills to help you navigate these important and expanding sectors.
- You’ll learn how to understand arts and creative organisations, from small community endeavours through to world renowned flagship organisations. This will prepare you for a career in this fascinating subject, in settings such as museums, galleries, theatres, dance and live music venues, festivals, and cultural centres.
- The programme includes talks from experts and visits to cultural organisations, so you’ll gain direct experience of professional practice. You may also benefit from a work placement as part of your studies in, for example, an audience development, fundraising or event management context.
- We're based in London - a global leader in the arts and one of the most important cultural centres in the world. London is the perfect place to study this subject, giving you unrivalled access to a diverse range of arts organisations. The city will become your classroom.
- You can tailor the degree to your unique interests, through independent work in your final year.
You’ll learn fundamental arts management skills through a balanced foundation of academic and professional practice modules with examples drawn from across artistic disciplines.
In core modules you’ll cover key cultural policy concepts such as:
funding systems and fundraising
audience development and audience evaluation
budget and planning
working in cultural organisations
You’ll also choose from a variety of optional modules covering the cultural studies of arts, music, media and theatre. Optional modules are offered by a range of departments including ICCE, Media, Communications and Cultural Studies, Music, and Theatre and Performance.
Level 4 - You will study the following modules and option modules:
Arts in London
Introduction to Arts and Cultural Theory
Fundraising in the Arts
Level 5 - You will study the following modules in addition to option modules:
The Audience in Theory and Practice
Contemporary Arts and Cultural Theory
Managing Arts Organisations and Cultural Businesses
Professional Practice in Arts Organisations and Cultural Businesses
Cultural Policy in the Arts
Level 6 - You will complete a dissertation and study the compulsory module Professional Practice Project. You will also choose optional modules to the value of 30 credits.
Please note that due to staff research commitments not all of these modules may be available every year.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
- IELTS (Academic)6.0With a 6.0 in writing and no element lower than 5.5