**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– We are proud to be ranked number one in London for Nursing and Midwifery (Guardian University League Tables, 2020)
– 100 per cent of students from this course are in employment or further study six months after graduating (DHLE 2016/17).
– Our award-winning simulation suite offers a wide range of realistic environments to learn in. These include hospital wards and community settings, with role-players and patient simulators.
– Kingston and St George’s won three Nursing Times Awards in 2019.
– The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) commended the range of student engagement activities available on this course. You’ll be able to engage with volunteering, fundraising, sports, societies, research and staff/student events.
**About this course**
This course gives you the specialist knowledge and clinical skills needed to become a registered adult nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and make a positive difference to people’s lives.
Your studies will include core learning relevant to all fields of nursing, and modules specific to Adult Nursing. You’ll spend 50 per cent of your time on placement in hospitals, the community and in our skills and simulation labs, developing valuable hands-on skills.
You’ll work with patients, carers, clinical mentors and other healthcare professionals.
Examples of placements are medical and surgical wards, oncology, ICU, A&E, coronary care, operating theatres, district nursing, health visiting, GP practice nursing and integrated community teams.
**Our 2020 curriculum is currently being revised in line with the new NMC standards.**
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. These modules will be subject to change in accordance with the new pre-registration midwifery education standards from the Nursing and Midwifery Council for 2020.
Examples of modules:
- Science for Nursing
- Nursing in Context
- Foundations of Adult Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 1
- Person-centred Care
- Care of the Acutely Ill Adult
- Long Term Conditions in Adult Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 2
- Transition to Professional Practice in Adult Nursing
- Complexities of Adult Nursing
- Developing Evidence-based Practice
- Nursing Practice Part 3
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|