**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– Kingston is number one in London for Nursing and Midwifery (Guardian League Tables 2020).
– 100 per cent of students from this course are in employment or further study six months after graduating (DLHE 2016/17).
– Our award-winning simulation suite offers a wide range of realistic environments to learn in. These include hospital wards and community settings, with actors who play patients (Student Nursing Times Awards 2019).
**About this course**
If you’re looking to make a positive difference to people’s lives, this course is for you. You’ll gain the specialist knowledge and clinical skills needed to
become a registered adult nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
The course is highly practical, giving you hands-on experience. You’ll spend 50 per cent of your time on placement in hospitals, in the community and in our
skills and simulation labs.
Placement opportunities include medical and surgical wards, oncology, ICU, A&E, coronary care, operating theatres, district nursing, health visiting, GP practice nursing and integrated community teams.
**Our 2020 curriculum is currently being revised in line with the new NMC standards.**
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. These modules will be subject to change in accordance with the new pre-registration midwifery education standards from the Nursing and Midwifery Council for 2020.
Examples of modules:
- Science for Nursing
- Nursing in Context
- Foundations of Adult Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 1
- Person-centred Care
- Care of the Acutely Ill Adult
- Long Term Conditions in Adult Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 2
- Transition to Professional Practice in Adult Nursing
- Complexities of Adult Nursing
- Developing Evidence-based Practice
- Nursing Practice Part 3
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|