Reasons to choose Kingston
– Kingston is number one in London for Nursing and Midwifery (Guardian League Tables 2020).
– 100 per cent of students from this course are in employment or further study six months after graduating (DLHE 2016/17).
– Our award-winning simulation suite offers a wide range of realistic environments to learn in. These include hospital wards and community settings, with actors who play patients (Student Nursing Times Awards 2019).
About this course
If you’re looking to make a positive difference to people’s lives, this course is for you. You’ll gain the specialist knowledge and clinical skills needed to
become a registered adult nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
The course is highly practical, giving you hands-on experience. You’ll spend 50 per cent of your time on placement in hospitals, in the community and in our
skills and simulation labs.
Placement opportunities include medical and surgical wards, oncology, ICU, A&E, coronary care, operating theatres, district nursing, health visiting, GP practice nursing and integrated community teams.
Our 2020 curriculum is currently being revised in line with the new NMC standards.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. These modules will be subject to change in accordance with the new pre-registration midwifery education standards from the Nursing and Midwifery Council for 2020.
Examples of modules:
- Science for Nursing
- Nursing in Context
- Foundations of Adult Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 1
- Person-centred Care
- Care of the Acutely Ill Adult
- Long Term Conditions in Adult Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 2
- Transition to Professional Practice in Adult Nursing
- Complexities of Adult Nursing
- Developing Evidence-based Practice
- Nursing Practice Part 3
Tuitions and fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|3 Years - full-time||Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9250||Home Fees|
|3 Years - full-time||Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9250||European Fees|